AMI has been operating in Ghana since 1996 and has several advanced gold concessions on the Ashanti Gold Belt.
Outside of South Africa, Ghana is the second largest gold producer on the African continent with production of approx. 2.5 millions ounces gold in 2007.
Major mines producing in excess of 500,000 oz per year are operated by Newmont Mining and Anglo Ashanti.
KEY FACTS ON GHANA
- Full name: Republic of GhanaPopulation: 24 million
- Capital: Accra
- Area: 238,533 sq km (slightly smaller than Oregon)
- Major languages: English, African languages: Akan, Twi, Ewe
- Major Relegions: Chritainity 68.8%, Protestants 18.6%
- Life Expectancy: 56 years (men) 57 years (women)
- Monetary Unit: Cedi (June 2009 One US$ = 1.45 Cedi)
- Independence: March 6, 1957 (from UK)
- Government: Democratically elected President John Atta Mills December 2008
Stock Price & Market Cap.
|TSX – V: AMU||0.015 CAD -25.00%|
|Market Cap.:||0.19M CAD|
Updated at 1:11pm on 19 Sept 2014
Share price information
Major Indices & Gold Price
The Latest News
August 17th, 2012
Newmont Terminates Option on Anuoro License
February 2nd, 2012
Joint Venture Cont. on the Anuoro License
September 27th, 2011
Drill Program started at Anuoro License
July 15th, 2011
Niger Govt. awards gold licenses to AMI.
July 13th, 2011
February 28th, 2011
AMI 2010 Annual Exploration Report.
January 14th, 2011
AMI Engages Contact Financial Corp.
December 21st, 2010
Financing for Second Tranche Closed
November 24th, 2010
First Tranche of Private Placement Closed
October 25th, 2010
AMI to Raise $1.5 Million
October 5th, 2010
New Gold Targets Identified
August 31, 2010
7100 Meter Drill Program at Sirba Gold Project
May 4th, 2010
AMI Drill Reports on Sirba Gold Projects
March 30th, 2010
AMI Reports 13 Meters of 3.37 g/t Gold
March 10, 2010
AMI Reports 24 Meters of 3.08 g/t Gold
February 24, 2010
Update Sirba Gold Project
February 08, 2010
Drilling started at Sirba Gold Project
Reports & Publications
Email Newsletter Signup
Register to receive notifications of the latest company news.